Friday 18 January 2008

General Update

First of all, I have to say I'm quite pleased with the grade I received on my last Arrangement assignment: 80%! Yay!

I've got another one due on Thursday. In a few minutes I'll be off to the keyboard lab to work on it and have it checked over for obvious glaring errors.

Congratulations are due to my three piano students who took exams in December. All of them worked very hard, and all of them passed confidently.

I've had a somewhat shaky start to this year. I returned from holiday to find that the landlord's agent for the flat I'm renting a room in was in a car accident, and that they wanted us all to move out by the end of January. This was quite stressful for me, but thanks to friends I was able to find out that legally my position is quite strong and I can stay put until at least the first of June. It's all been very much up in the air but I met the actual landlord today, and I think things are going to be alright. Hopefully I'll be able to get on track now and get on with my academic tasks for this term!

I'm waiting to hear from Paxman regarding a quote for horn repairs. I suspect I'll have to drop by with my horn tomorrow, as they've not answered my e-mail which was sent on Wednesday. Perhaps it got stuck in a spamtrap.

No comments: